Find the recipe below of the traditional Roast Pork Jambon dish, wrapped with bacon, along with brandy infused apple sauce and have a feast with your loved ones!
This recipe serves 5 people
|Crushed black pepper||5g|
|Worcestershire sauce||20 ml|
|Brown Sugar||3/4 cup|
|Apple cider||1/2 cup|
|Cinnamon sticks||2 nos|
|Lemon Juice||1/2 spoon|
|Parsley sprigs, edible flower to garnish||A few|
Cooking the meat
1. Preheat the oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Marinate the pork leg with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
3. Tie the pork leg with a kitchen thread to give it the appearance of a loaf and let it rest for 30 mins
4. Baste the meat with honey, butter and Worcestershire sauce for the sweet and salty taste.
5. Bake the pork in an oven proof dish for 15 mins and let the natural juices of the meat take over and create magic!
As the meat cooks, it’s time to make that yummy brandy infused apple sauce!
Apple Sauce with Brandy
1. Take an apple and de-seed it using an apple de-seeder or a knife.
2. Peel and chop the apple
3. Take a saucepan or a pan and cook the chopped apples with a little butter, brown sugar, cider, brandy, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice.
4. Once the apples become soft, remove the cinnamon sticks and coarsely chop or break down the apples or puree it for a smoother texture.
5. Flambe the apple puree with brandy to infuse the flavour
Remember to also keep basting the meat at intervals with the mixture of honey, butter and a little bit of Worcestershire sauce and roast for another 15 minutes. Once roasted fully, carve the meat using a sharp knife, into slices.
Pour the brandy infused apple sauce over the meat slices and garnish with parsley leaves or edible flowers. Voila! You have got yourself the ultimate Easter dish to devour!
The Roast Pork Jambon with apple sauce, though a complete dish in itself also goes very well with mashed potatoes, garlic-seasoned French beans and cherry tomatoes on the side!
So, don your master chef cap and try out this delectable delight! Happy Easter and Bon Appetite folks!