Preparing cuisines with hand-picked ingredient to present our guests with the most nutritious choices of recipes are what we focus on. For a healthy well being, a few popular recipes are prepared by our professional chef to boost your immunity. Taste the authentic flavours of these amazing food at Sarovar that are specially made for you.
Bel Ka Sharbat (Wood Apple or Bengal Quince) Healthy Summer Drink
- 2 Bel Fruit or Whole Wood Apple
- ½ Teaspoon Cardamom Powder Freshly Crushed
- ½ Teaspoon Roasted Powdered Cumin
- Black Salt as required
- Jaggery as required
- 1 Lime
- 1 Glass Chilled Water as required
- Take the Bel Fruit and Crack with a hammer. Scoop the entire Pulp and keep in a bowl.
- Add half glass chilled water and keep aside for 15 mins
- After 15 mins take this pulp and pass it through strainer so that the pulpy liquid is taken to the maximum in another bowl.
- To this add black salt, roasted cumin powder, jaggery & Lime juice.
- Mix well and taste to check the flavors adjust thickness as required by adding more water
- Take a glass add some crushed ice and pour the juice in this glass.
- Healthy Bel ka Sharbad I snow ready to serve
Shukto - A Bengali Vegetarian Healthy Delicacy
- 2 Pcs Bitter Gourd
- 1Pc Medium Size Eggplant
- 1Pc Raw Green Banana
- 2 pcs small Sweet Potato
- 2 pcs Drumsticks
- 4-5 pcs Hyacinth Beans
- 1pc small White Radish
- 2 Tbsp Poppy seed
- 1 Tbsp Mustard seeds
- 3-4 Tbsp Mustard Oil
- 1 cup Milk
- To taste for flavor Ghee
- 1 Tbsp Turmeric
- Far Taste Sugar
- 1 tbsp Ginger Paste
- 1 Tbsp Panchpforan
- Add as required Water
- For Taste Salt
- Wash all the vegetables and cut into medium size cubes except drumstick, cut the drumstick into 1 inch long strips
- Take the poppy seed and mustard seed soak them in water for 15 mins and then make a paste.
- Now take a pan pour the Mustard oil and add all the veggies except drumstick, add turmeric and shallow fry them. Take the veggies out and keep aside.
- To this oil remaining in the pan, add ginger paste, poppy seed and mustard paste and cook for 2-3 minutes . Sprinkle water to avoid sticking.
- Add Panchpforan cook for another 1 mins, add milk and boil 5 mins.
- Now add all the veggies including the drumstick cook for 10 mins in slow flame.
- Now add ghee and check seasoning.
- Serve with hot steam rice
Nigella Seed, cumin seed, fenugreek, fennel seeds and mustard seeds in equal quantity. Can be roasted and crushed together.
Beetroot Amla Booster
- 2 beetroot
- 1 amla
- 1 tomato
- 1 cucumber
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- Few sprigs of mint
- Black salt to taste
- Mix all ingredients with little water and blend in a blender.
- Strain and add black pepper powder and black salt to taste
Sorghum Risotto (Ponk risotto)
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek sliced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 250 gms button or any other mushroom
- 20 gms chopped thyme
- 1/4 tsp sea salt or regular salt
- 2 shallots chopped
- 1 cup sorghum
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add sliced leeks and saute it for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped garlic and saute it until golden brown.
- Add mushroom, thyme and salt to the skillet and saute for few minutes. Set it aside.
- Again place the olive oil into sauce pan and saute shallots for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add sorghum and cook it along with vegetable stock for 3 minutes. Cook it until it has almost absorbed the liquid.
- Add additional broth and continue to stir and cook. It will take 40 to 45 minutes. Sorghum should be tender and creamy.
- Transfer it to the mushroom mixture and combine well. Garnish with parsley and parmesan cheese.
- You can also drizzle it with truffle oil.